MSI Z390-A PRO Review
The biggest difference between the MSI Z390-A PRO and the rest of MSI’s Z390 family is that this board isn’t specifically aimed towards gaming maniacs.
The aesthetics are simple with a coffee-themed PCB which features silver patterning along with it; particularly around the edges of the board and around the silver and black heatsinks.
MSI Z390-A PRO Review In 2022- Complete Buyer’s Guide
- Core boost, 8+4 pin
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system –
- Intel turbo USB 3.1
The main selling point of t0he MSI Z39-A PRO is in its value with a good variety of controllers including an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet controller and a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec handling the onboard audio.
Related Guide: What Does The Motherboard Do In A Computer?
- On the board are two standard PCIe 3.0 slots with the top MSI Steel Slot coated slot running at x16 and the second full-length slot operating at x4.
- The board also comes with a variety of PCIe 3.0 x1 ports as the Z390-A PRO has four in total.
- The storage options are just the standard ones with this being the only Z390 MSI board to feature only one PCIe/SATA M.2 slot; this is complemented by a total of six SATA ports with support for RAID 0. 1. 5 and 10 arrays.
- Speaking of memory, the board boasts four RAM slots with support for DDR4–4400 with a maximum capacity of up to 64 GB. Let’s talk about the rear panel now.
- The MSI Z390-A PRO features a USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A and Type-C port and four USB 2.0 ports; up to two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports can be made available through the use of internal headers.
- A whopping six 3.5 mm audio jacks are powered by a Realtek ALC892 HD audio codec and a single LAN port run by an Intel I219V Gigabit networking chip.
- The Z390-A PRO is the only MSI board to feature a D-Sub video output which seemingly replaces the HDMI.
- You also get a DisplayPort and DVI-D output port.
Does Motherboard Affect Performance?
- Audio Boost
- Extended Heatsink Design
- MSI extended PWM and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run at full speed
- Intel LAN
- Premium network solution from Intel for professional and multimedia use.
- Delivers a secure, stable, and fast network connection
- Steel armor PCI-E slots
- support for 2-Way AMD Crossfire
- Relatively expensive for chipsets entry-level model
What Motherboard Do I Have On Windows 10 ?